The association is a charitable and non-profit organization (NPO). The objectives of the IATSG are promotion and dissemination of traditional games and sports in Europe and worldwide, the network of partner organizations and development of traditional games and sports as sport for all (competitive, disabled, youth, family and recreational sports).
This aim is pursued in particular through the implementation of the following tasks:
1. Engaging in sport activities and performance of a social, cultural and humanistic contribution to the sport, health and physical education;
2. Researching and documenting the history of traditional games and sports;
3. Collection and preservation of ancient documents, games and sports equipment;
4. Organization and coordination of international competitions;
5. Establishing strongcontacts between national and international organizations;
6. Collaboration with Sports Museums and networking with international sports federations and organizations pursuing similar goals;
7. Promoting school and youthsport;
8. Advice and support for national and international wheelchair and disability sports organizations;
9. Engaging in international understanding, in particular the European and international integration, reduction of violence and racism in society, facilitating effective implementation of gender equality, equality between healthy people and people with disabilities.